Good Morning,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm pleased to introduce you to Open Access Helper (www.oahelper.org <https://www.oahelper.org/>), a project I've been passionately working on for the past few years. As a part of this community, I thought it would be appropriate to share how this browser extension can enhance your patron’s e-Resource access experience.

If Open Access Helper <https://www.oahelper.org/> is new to you, it's a valuable browser extension designed to assist your users in identifying legal open access copies of journal articles. It leverages the APIs of unpaywall.org <https://www.unpaywall.org/> and core.ac.uk <https://www.core.ac.uk/> to provide you with accurate and reliable Open Access results.

Now, you might be thinking, "Isn't this just like the unpaywall.org Extension?” You wouldn’t be wrong, yet Open Access Helper offers some unique advantages and goes well beyond the scope of that extension:

Cross-browser Compatibility: Open Access Helper isn't limited to a desktop browser; it's available for Safari on iOS, iPadOS, macOS, as well as Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and other Chromium-based browsers.
Seamless Library Integration: Together we can connect your users to your library's subscription services if no open access version is found. Just provide me with your EBSCOhost Customer-ID, and it will seamlessly link to EBSCOhost <https://search.ebscohost.com/> full-text resources using EBSCO's Entitlement API <https://developer.ebsco.com/search-discovery-apis/entitlement-api>. Alternatively, if you share information about your OpenURL Resolver, the extension can offer that as an alternative access point. [Learn more at https://www.oahelper.org/ebscohost-entitlement-api/ and https://www.oahelper.org/ask-your-library/]
Proxy and OpenAthens Support: If you share your EZProxy <https://www.oclc.org/en/ezproxy.html> or OpenAthens <https://www.openathens.net/> Prefix URL with me, Open Access Helper can assist users in connecting through these authentication methods. If you go the extra mile and provide a list of domains, the extension will intelligently offer these options when appropriate. [Learn more at https://www.oahelper.org/ezproxy/ and https://www.oahelper.org/url-of-domain-configuration-improving-ezproxy-support/]
Multilingual Capabilities: As a native German speaker, I understand the importance of catering to diverse user needs. Open Access Helper is available in eight languages, including English, French, Germany, Dutch, Italian, Polish, Spanish & Swedish. If you'd like additional languages, I am more than happy to work with you to make it happen!
Customized Language Support: If there's a particular translation that doesn't quite meet your institution’s expectations, we can work on providing tailored translations specifically for your institution or if it is a generic need, update the default translation. [Learn more at https://www.oahelper.org/url-of-domain-configuration-improving-ezproxy-support/]

The best part? Open Access Helper is completely FREE, and it will always remain that way. I've developed this as a personal hobby project, with no intention to monetize it.

I'd be absolutely thrilled if you could take a moment to check it out and ensure that your institution's details are up to date. Feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> with any questions or feedback. I also invite you to consider introducing this extension to your students after requesting a settings check/update and giving it a test run yourself.

Thank you for your time reading this message. I’d be delighted to continue improving Open Access Helper with your support! If you have a fabulous idea of what else the extension could do, let me know!

General Information: https://www.oahelper.org <https://www.oahelper.org/>

Download for macOS, iOS, iPad OS: http://www.otz.li/2/oahelper
Download for Chrome: http://www.otz.li/2/chrome
Download for Firefox: http://www.otz.li/2/firefox