Dear all,

The Open Preservation Foundation welcomes you to submit your file format policies to our Community Resource: International Comparison of Recommended File Formats table. This resource enables users to compare accepted and preferred file formats at a high level across different types of cultural and scientific institutions across the world.

Initially created by OPF members at the National Archives of Estonia, and the National Archives of Denmark, the comparison of recommended file formats aims to inspire organisations that are getting started with or are renewing their file format policy. It is not intended to be used alone as a policy. The current data was submitted by OPF member organisations or gathered from institutions that have kindly submitted their policies to be included.

Before the end of the year, we invite all previous contributors and new contributors to update their institution’s format policy entries in the comparison table.

*The deadline for this is 15 December 2023. To read more and to find out how to contribute, please click here.

Best Regards,

Georgia