Now open: Community-Centered Archives Survey: Sharing Your Content Online

We invite community-centered archives to participate in a survey about sharing content and collections online. We define community-centered archives (CCA) as organizations documenting the lives of underrepresented, marginalized, or disenfranchised people that typically reside outside of traditional academic and government-run cultural heritage institutions.

We would also appreciate you forwarding this survey to CCAs in your networks.

Our survey seeks to understand the participation of community-centered archives in two online activities:

1) Contributing digital content to aggregation websites, such as the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA)

2) Creating online storytelling or exhibitions.

This survey is being conducted by consultant Sharon Mizota in collaboration with colleagues at the University of California Irvine and the California Digital Library as part of Community-Centered Archives Practice: Transforming Education, Archives, and Community History. It is funded by a grant from the Mellon Foundation.

Please direct any questions about this survey to Sharon Mizota at [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your consideration,

Sharon Mizota, University of California Irvine, and California Digital Library

Start the survey.

--
Sharon Mizota (she/her)
www.sharonmizota.com