Dear Colleagues,
I am Grayson Murphy, the Digital Preservation Librarian at University of Alabama at Birmingham. I am currently researching graduate school and early-career experiences of digital preservation practitioners.
If you currently work in the realm of digital preservation<https://dictionary.archivists.org/entry/digital-preservation.html> in any capacity, whether it be your job’s core focus or an element of your work,  I invite you to please take a brief 10-20 minute survey about your experiences in graduate school and your first few years working in the field of digital preservation. The results will be used to both evaluate how well recent library school graduates are positioned to grow and succeed in the field of digital preservation, and how well newcomers to the field are supported in their work. Those who did not attend a graduate program will be able to skip the graduate school section.
The web-based survey, along with more information about data privacy, can be accessed at the following link: https://uab.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0PQZeaTenUa4ZcG
The survey will close on January 1st, 2024.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or UAB’s IRB at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
All the best,
Grayson Murphy

Grayson Murphy | Digital Preservation Librarian
UAB Libraries | The University of Alabama at Birmingham
O: LHL 234F | [log in to unmask]
Pronouns: he/him