From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Hammer, Erich F
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2023 2:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Securing shared workstations

Another thing that came up (and I forgot about previously) is that in order to print shipping labels, ILLiad requires MS Word be installed. That is a *terrible* design choice considering how many "Google-shops" there are and how expensive MS Office is for single purchases. Consider that LibreOffice is free and open source and also has mail merge capability. Heck, Atlas/OCLC could "steal" the code from LibreOffice to make their product stand-alone.

Anyway, I have not had a chance to test it, but this Group Policy setting looks promising:

User Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Microsoft Office 2016 -> Miscellaneous
Block signing into Office

Thought someone might find that intriguing too.

Erich