++ for Whisper.
I’ve used it transcribing podcasts.
It occasionally has problems identifying obscure and unusual words, but it seems to work better than most.

When I tested it on an episode of Tetrapod Zoology podcast, it mis-transcribed:

"Tetrapod Zoology” as "Tedgeport Zoology” podcast,
“Mesozoic Art” as "Mises Ewick Art”  and
“TetZoo” as “Tetsu”

But everything else looks spot on.
( I haven’t checked spelling of proper names, but human transcribers would have trouble there. )

It worked even better on a podcast with less technical jargon and neologisms.

There are other ports/implementations of Whisper

In C++:  https://github.com/ggerganov/whisper.cpp
& Rust: https://github.com/Gadersd/whisper-burn

And others using different ML frameworks than PyTorch, which are worth trying if you need more performance.

- sdm