DLF colleagues,

I am reaching out today to ask for your collaboration and participation in DATALIS™ an innovative part of the IMLS funded LEADING professional education program that seeks to transform our approach to professional education.

Over the next few months via a series of online design sessions we will explore this topic and ideate potential future scenarios to inform the future of professional education.  At our LEARN event on January 24<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/777764002067?aff=oddtdtcreator> we begin this process using a design thinking approach - allowing us to understand emerging trends and user needs so we can explore the future of continuing professional education together.

Research has shown<https://datalis.design/research-continuing-professional-education-can-impact-job-performance-and-opportunities/> that there are a wide range of learning modalities that inform continuing professional education and that learners use these opportunities to advance down career paths meaningful to them.   DATALIS™ seeks to identify pathways to enable this upward trend, enhancing your employee’s skills and career prospects in the LIS field.

Agenda (January 24):

  *   Welcome and overview of design thinking approach to innovating professional education
  *   Panel discussion focusing on professional education
  *   Exploration of problem space and available information (Design thinking activity)
  *   Wrap up and upcoming workshops

Secure your spot today<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/777764002067?aff=oddtdtcreator> and be part of an event that sets the stage for groundbreaking ideas and career advancement in LIS.

Thank you,

Erik

Erik Mitchell
​​The Audrey Geisel University Librarian
University of California San Diego
DATALIS™ Team Leader

P.S. For more details about the LEARN event and the Innovation Funnel™, please visit the DATALIS™ website<https://datalis.design/>