[posting on behalf of my colleague]

The Moving Image and Sound Preservation Labs at the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) are pleased to announce the re-launch of our Internal Products and Services website. It provides internal NARA customers with descriptions of products output by the Moving Image and Sound Preservation Labs and provides the public with insight into our reformatting processes.

NARA's Products and Services website was created in 2011 to provide an outline of products, both physical media and digital files, used to reformat moving image, audio, textual, still image, and graphical records. In 2023 NARA updated the website to focus solely on moving image and sound recordings. The website provides technical descriptions of the digital and photochemical products that currently meet our reformatting needs. It’s intended to be a dynamic website reflecting changes in product specifications as requirements and workflows evolve and equipment is updated.

While the Labs do not provide reformatting services for non-NARA customers, we are hoping these product specifications will provide contextual information for the moving image and sound products we make, help inform discussions about standards adoption, and increase government transparency.

We invite you to explore the new Products and Services website

Martin Jacobson

Director, Moving Image & Sound Preservation Labs

National Archives and Records Administration