This email is an invitation to participate in the DLF Assessment Interest
Group’s (DLF AIG) working group on User Experience
<https://wiki.diglib.org/Assessment:User/UX> in 2024. There is more
information about the group below, but first, a few words about
participating in DLF AIG.

The only requirement for participation in a DLF AIG working group is a
willingness to dig in and devote a small part of your time contributing to
the tools, methods, and body of knowledge on digital library assessment.
Attendance at the DLF forum is not a requirement for participation in any
of the working groups. Additionally, if your institution is not a DLF
member, you can still participate.

User Experience in 2024

This group serves as a community of practice for practitioners in the areas
of user experience, user research, user interface design, and similar work.
We also engage in collaborative projects that aim to provide guidance to
digital libraries in the areas of usability, user behavior, user research
methodologies, and user experience design.

In 2023 the group embarked on developing a literature review on the topic
of methods for research projects that span both physical and digital space.
We also devoted at least 20 minutes of each meeting to Community of
Practice time where members shared experiences, asked questions, or
brainstormed new projects.

See our Wiki <https://wiki.diglib.org/Assessment:User/UX> for more
information.

User Experience Goals for 2024

   -

   Finish our literature review and discuss opportunities for further
   developing work on this topic
   -

   Engage as a Community of Practice, providing space for members to learn
   and share

How can you participate?

   -

   Contribute to our collaborative group project - while our literature
   review is underway, there are still opportunities to contribute and think
   about how to further develop this work
   -

   Attend monthly meetings to share your own projects or learn more about
   the work of other members
   -

   Contact Jess Waggoner at [log in to unmask] to join this group or for any
   questions

DLF AIG Social Hour 2024

The DLF AIG, including User Experience, will be hosting a virtual Social
Hour on Thursday, February 22nd from 12-1 Eastern / 11 - 12 Central / 10 -
11 Mountain / 9 - 10 Pacific. This session will introduce participants to
the various AIG working groups, review accomplishments, and learn more
about future plans. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions
of working group leaders as well.

To attend the DLF AIG Social Hour on Thursday, February 22nd, please sign
up here:
https://clirdlf.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwsd-ChrTItGNXhAVWWcCHIVc-To4_riJaz#/registration

For questions about the larger DLF Assessment Interest Group, contact the
DLF AIG co-leaders, Kate Flynn [log in to unmask] and Santi Thompson

Thank you for participating in the DLF AIG!

Jess Waggoner, Facilitator for the AIG User Experience Working Group

Jess Waggoner, MA Ed, MLIS  |  she/her/hers
User Experience Librarian
(831) 459-5654