DLF colleagues,

Many thanks to everyone who as able to join in our kickoff LEARN event as part of project DATALIS which is using design thinking methods to explore the future of professional development and education in Library and Information Science.  DATALIS builds on and seeks to extend the work we have accomplished through the IMLS funded project LEADING.

On February 7, 8 and 15 we will hold our next workshop - focusing on WORK which you can register for at https://www.eventbrite.com/cc/datalistm-2919479. These three workshops will cover the same content and set us up for the DEVELOP workshop we have scheduled for the day after CNI in San Diego, CA (DEVELOP will be a hybrid workshop to enable local and remote participation).  We will conclude this project with an online PRESENT event in April where we will share the outcome of our exploration.  More information about all of these events and the project is available at http://datalis.design

We welcome you and your library employee’s participation in this effort – the result of which will be a series of potential new pathways for professional development and education.

If you were not able to attend the LEARN event you can see the workshop recording at https://datalis.design/datalis-learn-video. A big thanks to Gale Etschmaier, DeLa Dos and Jane Greenberg for serving as our expert panelists during this event.

Please feel free to share this email and invitation with colleagues and co-workers who you think would be interested in contributing to this project.

Thank you,

Erik

Erik Mitchell, PhD

The Audrey Geisel University Librarian

UC San Diego Library

Pronouns: he/him

9500 Gilman Drive #0175G | La Jolla, CA 92093

Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  YouTube  LinkedIn