My esteemed listmates,

XP and W7 never seemed to have this issue but it's huge with W10.

I 'll insert a flash drive into my laptop. I'll open that flash drive in
File Explorer and open a Word file.

I'll then open  2-3 browsers and other applications and then close the
flash drive file opened and close FE but W10 won;t prived the Safe to Eject
Flash drive.

I often have to close all my browsers (what do they have  to do with the
one file I opened in FE?) and yet I still can't get the safe to eject.

There have been times I've had  to reboot the laptop just to eject the
flash drive.

Has anyone found a fi for this with W10?

Thank you,

Charles.

Charlotte County Public Library