HI Deborah,

I'm glad you've been so lucky.

I would ignore that warning, too (like "Illegal operation" which got so
many users riled up about years ago) but one day I inserted the flash drive
and it wouldn't open that file I update daily.

Later, I learned from others you can NOT just ignore  that Windows warning.

So, I ensure I get the Free to Remove window now.

Again, the issue with W10 (not 7 and not XP in my experience) is that even
when I hover over ever application along my toolbar (bottom of screen) and
none are open it still says I must close all applications I may have had
open having nothing to do with my flash drive.

Mostly I open word processing software to save files to my flash but even
when I close them I still get the W10 error message.

I'm on the run  all day from makerspace to running AV to tech
troubleshooting to issuing library cards to the plethora of tasks so I
can't be late to any station or assignment and Windows either makes me late
with this or I have to just shut the laptop down and reboot later.

Charles.

Charlotte County Public Library