Funny you should ask, Charles--someone just posted pictures to our Textile Makerspace Slack channel here of a gorgeous tulle ballgown with ornate silver embellishment on the bodice that was actually 3D printed into the mesh fabric! I'll see if they're OK with me sharing those pictures to you, or putting them in touch directly...it was pretty stunning, and certainly not an application I'd have thought of without seeing an example first!

Cheers,
Snowden

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles meyer
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 11:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Odd question - 3D or Cricut Prints

My esteemed listmates,

We're trying to do more outreach about what you can create with a 3D printer or a Cricut Machine.

I've created hundreds of 3D prints so I think they're all cool, practical or beautiful! :)

I'm subscribed to 3D print lists but after asking for prints which they think are cool, practical or beautiful the replies were mostly not  that impressive.

Our library patrons would just walk past a lot of prints and they wouldn't grab their attention.

Have you at your library or visiting a library or anywhere have you seen 3D prints or Cricut prints which caught your eye?

I saw an mazing wedding invitation one time which was layered in frill printed by a Cricut but I've never seen that since.

I've spent a lot of time on sites like Thingivers, Printables, Cults 3D but not finding anything dazzling.

Thank you all!

Charles.

Charlotte County Public Library