Charles,

First, the "background scene" when you log in has nothing to do with the screensaver.  Windows has the built-in ability to do a slideshow for the "background" (i.e. desktop), as well as the built-in ability to do a slideshow for the "Lock Screen".  Also, the Lock Screen (which is a personal setting based on a user being logged in) is not the same thing as the default login screen (when nobody is logged in -- and difficult to change).

The actual ScreenSaver files have the ".scr" file type and (I believe) must be in the C:\Windows\System32\ directory to be used by Windows.  If it is unclear which file goes with which screensaver, you can just double-click on the .scr file and it will run.  The details tab on the file properties might give you more info.

Erich

On Tuesday, March 26, 2024 at 17:43, Charles Meyer eloquently inscribed: