All my PCs / laptops run win11 now, but yes, I remember it when running win10. At that time, I used a free proggie, this one if not in mistake https://safelyremove.com/, which was a lifesaver as I don't have that much patience to wait for processes to release the USB drive(s).

Checked this last version with VirusTotal, https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/0c4988598e9f21c8729797a4e8a828bcd4109f83797161788deccdacebc00b5b, and it seems 100% safe.

Best of lucks and patience with that,
FB

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Filipe MS Bento (PhD)
Head of Division

https://www.linkedin.com/in/filipebento
https://www.ua.pt/en/p/10314464
https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8135-2304
Library, Document Management and Museology Services
-- Digital Resources & User Support --
Tel: (+351) 234 370 860
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: https://www.ua.pt/sbidm
Please note that if I am emailing outside of office hours, this is for my convenience, and I do not expect a reply