Date:    Fri, 12 Apr 2024 08:02:36 +0100
From:    Helena Clarkson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Digitizing 35 mm slides?

Epson perfection v600 will do a good job at high resolution.

Date:    Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:45:02 +0000
From:    Lynda Howell <[log in to unmask]>

You might check with your Media Center about using theirs (https://www.swarthmore.edu/language-and-media-centers/media-center -- it specifically mentions "socialize" as an approved activity, so it's not strictly curricular-use-only), particularly if you go with him.  Or your (his) local public university's library.

Assuming you're talking family photos or a similar finite collection, institutions are likely to have much better equipment than it'd be worth buying for home use.  And people to help you get started.

Lynda.