Okay, I've read a transcript copy that somebody sent me privately. I
have a few concerns that I'm going to voice strongly, and I think they
represent questions that need to be answered before I'll be
comfortable with any particular plan. It doesn't mean I don't love
1. Why isn't the www.code4lib.org site already back up (at minimum)?
When the server became unavailable during c4lc 2007, we were able to
restore from offsite backups and have an "emergency-mode" snapshot
live and useful within a matter of a few hours at most. It seems this
could have been done within a few days if there had been offsite
2. Are there offsite backups of the www.code4lib.org site - its files
3. The discussion seemed to only involve one proposal. There wasn't
a call for any other proposals, and it wasn't clear to me that by
missing this meeting (i was at a gathering with several other people
with an interest in anvil and other things c4l) that I would miss out
on any opportunity to have input. I'd like to propose a different
hosting plan. Shouldn't there be a chance for more discussion here?
4. Could somebody please post (to this list) an exact statement of
what the current proposal is?
5. Could somebody please post the transcript to the list?
I understand that some of these questions might seem to be coming a
bit late, and I'm sorry to be in a position where my jerkiness is all
the worse because of it. But I still think these are questions that