Library Associates Companies (LAC) seeks a Project Manager (PM), library services team, for a government agency in the Frederick, Maryland area. The Project Manager will work with the Library Manager on projects and deliverables and additional responsibilities include providing oversight, management, and leadership for the contract staff and representing them to the client. This is a long-term, benefited, contract position that is subject to award. Position set to start October 1st, 2009.
* ALA-accredited MLS Degree;
* Minimum of 7 years experience managing library/information services operations, preferably in a government contracting environment;
* Demonstrated experience managing and supervising at least 10 staff, both professional & paraprofessional;
* Demonstrated experience developing and managing program and task assignments and schedules;
* Demonstrated experience with library automation including OCLC, electronic and online resources and content;
* Proficiency with MS Office and Adobe Professional;
* Experience with Cuadra STAR ILS required;
* Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking;
* Familiarity with fire science and emergency services information needs and resources;
* Please send your resume and cover letter to LAC Recruiting Team at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]><mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
* Please use "Project Manager, Lib Svcs #1232" as the subject line of your email.
* Library Associates Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that values diversity in the workforce.
Patty De Anda
Communications & Projects Associate
Library Associates Companies / LAC
6500 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
800.987.6794 toll free
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
LAC on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2411007137>
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/library-associates>
Patty on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1034066802&ref=profile>
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.