We are looking for:
- An enthusiastic developer, interested in search and retrieve
- Familiar with indexing of metadata repositories.
Knowledge of indexing algorithms and (full text) indexing techniques,
such as used in the Lucene project.
Familiar with 'relevance ranking' and 'facetting' techniques;
Knowledge of SOLR is a plus.
- A good understanding of XML and the conceptual framework around it,
such as Xpath, XML namespaces, XML schema, XML stylesheet language.
- Ability to use of one or more programming languages. We are currently
working in an Open Source environment. User interfaces are based on
language for the back-end we are using C.
Other software is written in Perl, Python, Java and PHP.
- Good communication skills and an open attitude towards technology.
- Good command of English.
- Knowledge of library systems, Open URL resolvers, meta search engines
and institutional repositories is a plus.
Anyone interested can contact me by email or phone.
Drs. P.J.C. van Boheemen
Hoofd Applicatieontwikkeling en beheer - Bibliotheek Wageningen UR
Head of Application Development and Management - Wageningen University
and Research Library
tel. +31 317 48 25 17