Library Associates Companies (LAC) is seeking a Cataloger for a special project for an institution located in West Los Angeles, California. This project is subject to a bid approval to provide a temporary full-time cataloger to work onsite for approximately six months. Candidates must undergo a test for German language proficiency
* Catalog a retrospective backlog of books, artifacts and peripheral materials that are primarily in German.
* Experience providing both copy cataloging and original cataloging.
* Create accurate MARC records for each item in organization's onsite database.
* Apply indexing terms to the organization's in-house thesaurus.
* Provide weekly status reports to the Collection Manager and to the LAC Account Manager.
* MLS from an accredited institution or extensive cataloging experience in a library/museum environment.
* Previous experience using Library of Congress (LC) Classification System
* Extensive copy and original cataloging.
* Strong knowledge of German language
* Some knowledge of French language is a plus
* Experience using OCLC and WorldCat
* Previous experience in a museum/special collections library highly desirable.
* For consideration email cover letter and resume as a Word document to Joanne Schwarz, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with a courtesy copy to Patty DeAnda, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
* Please reference "Project Cataloger - #1219" as the subject line of your email
Patty De Anda
Communications & Projects Associate
Library Associates Companies / LAC
6500 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
800.987.6794 toll free
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
LAC on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2411007137>
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/library-associates>
Patty on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1034066802&ref=profile>
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.