Mississippi State University Libraries seeks a Web Developer. This is a full-time professional staff position and is open until filled.
Learn more and apply at https://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/499361/web-developer.
The University Libraries provide their communities of users an ongoing, creative and technologically advanced library program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
* Maintains existing websites and web applications;
* Develops new websites and web applications;
* Works with DIWS team to ensure compliance with WCAG 2.0 AA standards and University policies;
* Integrates third-party applications into new and existing websites and web applications;
* Provides technical support, training, and documentation for new and existing websites and web applications to MSU Libraries faculty and staff and other clients as needed;
* Assists with concept design, content delivery and exploring/recommending emerging technologies and services that will benefit the Libraries and the University;
* Supervises, trains, and mentor's student assistants;
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field
* 1 year of related experience in maintaining and developing web-related applications
* Substitution allowed for Education:
* Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.
* Experience building or contributing to open source applications
* Experience building sites with or migrating sites to Drupal
* Experience developing custom modules in Drupal
* Experience managing and participating in development workflows in Jira or other software project management tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Strong interpersonal communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated experience with database systems including MySQL; Microsoft SQL; GraphQL; MongoDB
* Demonstrated experience with deployment to Linux operating systems
* Demonstrated commitment to building websites and web applications that meet accessibility standards as defined by the W3C and Section 508;
* Demonstrated commitment to creating and maintaining lay-readable documentation within and outside of code
* Familiarity with Internet protocols, web-based authentication methods and proxy servers in order to manage the site and maintain a high level of security for various databases and websites
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Julie D. Shedd she / her / hers
Coordinator of Digital Initiatives and Web Services, Mississippi State University Libraries
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>