Employer: Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA)
Job Title: Librarian III, Online Resources and Acquisitions
Status: Full-time, 12-month, non-faculty, non-tenure-track
Location: W.W. Hagerty Library (University City campus)
Apply at: https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/job/492752/librarian-iii-online-resource
Apply by: October 31, 2019
Direct questions to: David Cupo ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
Apologies for cross-posting!
Reporting to the Manager, Information Access, the Librarian manages the Online Resources and Acquisitions program and coordinates support of access to the Libraries' owned, licensed, and other selected resources with other programs. This program is responsible for the ordering, processing, coordination of access points for, and management of online resources for the Drexel University Libraries (DUL), including the tools and services used to manage them. The Librarian also oversees acquisitions for physical formats for the Libraries, which comprise less than two percent of the Libraries' information resources budget.
The position provides managerial leadership for staff assisting clients with finding and accessing online resources and troubleshooting access issues and works collaboratively with selectors and the Libraries' fiscal team. The Librarian supervises two staff and participates in Drexel University Libraries' Managerial Leadership Group (MLG). Managerial leaders operationalize the Libraries' obligations to contribute to the University's mission and strategically approach services from a Service Quality Improvement perspective. As program manager, the Librarian also identifies, tracks, and reports performance metrics that describe the outcomes and impact of the Online Resources and Acquisitions program.
* Oversee accurate and complete ordering of online resources
* Oversee renewal process including tracking expected commitment dates, ensuring selectors have confirmed decisions, and receiving and processing invoices and licenses
* Organize and launch online resources trials
* Manage the quality of online resource access points and resource provider connection data managed in discovery tools, link resolvers, A to Z lists, and authentication/authorization management tools (e.g., EZproxy)
* Maintain current knowledge of online resources technology (e.g., authentication/authorization technology such as EZproxy and SAML); and collaborate with Library Integrated Technology Systems department to effectively manage technology related to online resources
* Communicate with resource providers regarding resource activation, downtime, access resolution, and resource cancellations; negotiate with resource providers for pricing, terms, and maintenance of online resources for all DU Libraries; act as preliminary reviewer of contracts in terms of the University's/Libraries' interests
* Identify consortial and resource provider opportunities for increased quality or enhanced access to resources and share recommendations and reviews with other managers to help determine viability of these opportunities
* Manage matrixed and directly supervised staff who perform functions supporting the Online Resources and Acquisitions program
* Oversee ordering, invoicing, receiving, and claiming of print serials, print books, audiovisual materials, and other physical resources
* Manage online resource usage data to help inform selection decisions
* ALA-accredited master's degree in Library & Information Science (MLIS) or equivalent
* A minimum of three years of relevant experience working in libraries, consortia or information industry
* Broad demonstrated knowledge of the electronic resources landscape, including authentication and authorization technologies
* Experience with acquisitions of physical and electronic resources
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills
* Self-motivated professional with high degree of integrity, sound judgment, and the ability to handle responsibilities with both discretion and independence
* Demonstrated ability to drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously
* Collaborative team player and leader, skilled in executing and taking constructive input from multiple sources and fostering a positive climate of collaborative change
* Demonstrated involvement and contribution to the profession through service, presentations, and/or publications
* Experience working in an academic library setting
* Experience in supervision and mentoring others
* Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in higher education and technology that impact libraries and information dissemination and access
* Experience working in a collaborative and diverse matrixed environment
Supplemental Posting Information:
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University's acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
Interested, qualified applicants may apply at: https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/job/492752/librarian-iii-online-resource