Gagosian seeks a Digital Asset Manager to establish, implement, and support our digital asset management system (DAMS).
The Digital Asset Manager will develop and support sustainable practices and infrastructure around the digital asset’s lifecycle to ensure the availability and integrity of assets related to the Gallery and its history, collections, and programs while establishing consistent standards, policies, and procedures regarding the same.
This position is key in realizing the roll-out, development, and use of the Gallery’s DAMS.
The manager will lead efforts in migrating and organizing existing media and corresponding metadata. They will create and establish content standards, policies, and procedures for streamlined workflows across the Gallery internationally.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Oversee day-to-day and long-term administration and use of DAMS, while working hands-on with assets, metadata, and users by directly contributing, organizing, describing, and disseminating assets.
– Spend significant time with archival material, photography, publications, technology, and communications departments to develop and support good, sustainable practices for the digital asset lifecycle to ensure the DAMS is used to its greatest potential.
– Own sustainable procedures for contributing, accessing, and using assets via the system; actively track trends in use and needs; and routinely measure outcomes of practices against objectives.
– Lead and develop user training, support, and advocacy efforts around the system and its contents while assisting users with all aspects of the system.
– Lend leadership and creativity in developing and supporting projects that use assets and data while planning and managing growth of the asset collection including conversion or/and digitization of archival, physical assets (for example: photographic prints, transparencies, slides, VHS, DVDs, etc.).
– Liaise with key stakeholders to affect successful integration and synchronization of the DAMS with other systems, applications, and repositories.
– Partners with the technology department and key stakeholders to plan system customizations, upgrades, integrations, testing, and maintenance; play a central role in vendor communications and management.
– Provide quality control for all metadata schema and standards to assure accuracy and consistency across the DAMS; this includes development/or selection and management of content standards including metadata tools, controlled vocabularies, and other metadata standardization solutions.
– Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science, or equivalent experience
– Experience working in digital librarianship and knowledge of current methods for archiving and preserving born-digital materials
– Certificate in Archives, or equivalent experience working in archives
– Three years or more recent related experience in an art museum, gallery, or similar institution
– Experience with DAMS development and implementation methodologies
– Expertise with user support, project management, digital asset lifecycles, and file conversions
– Knowledge of modern and contemporary art practices
– Experience with Widen Collective
Skills and Abilities
– Proven ability and commitment to working collaboratively and managing others with excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work effectively under pressure, with challenging and often simultaneous deadlines
– Strong leadership skills
– Excellent written, oral, and visual communication proficiencies, including the ability to draft documentation
– Knowledge of EAD and other standard schemas
– Experience with relational databases, Adobe Bridge, digital asset and content management systems
– Ability to operate digitization equipment and software
– Understanding of digital rights management, intellectual property law, including “fair use” and similar copyright issues
This is a Full-Time, staff position, but we are open to considering temporary arrangements with a minimum 6-month commitment.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to [log in to unmask] with “Digital Asset Manager” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/44855-digital-asset-manager