York University Libraries seeks a dynamic and innovative individual with strong leadership potential to advance its portfolio in media collections: film, sound recordings, audiovisual recordings and photography, both digital and analogue. This person will support the teaching, learning and research needs of all our users. This continuing appointment position is open to those with any mix of direct experience or expertise with media content and its development, preservation, licensing and analysis.
Please see the link on the side for full information, especially about eligibility for non-Canadians and our affirmative action program. Two key sections from the posting are included below.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Providing leadership in the strategic acquisition, licensing, maintenance and promotion of media collections, especially in the areas of music and film and streaming services.
• Developing and implementing best practices and workflows for the acquisition and licensing of media collections, including the securing of public performance rights for use of media in the classroom (with the content licensing librarian and the acquisitions team).
• Providing support for teaching and research consultations in the areas of content creation, rights management, and open licensing of media inclusive of music and film (with relevant departments).
• Playing a leadership role in responding to inquiries about media rights.
• Contributing to policy development and best practices related to the preservation, retention and migration of media collections (with others engaged in digital preservation).
• Supporting the acquisition and appraisal of music and media collections (with Archives and Special Collections).
• Participating in and maintaining oversight of processing, cataloguing, preserving, digitizing and curating media materials.
• Helping facilitate AODA compliance for media materials.
• Contributing to systems-wide collection development and collection analytics activities.
The candidate must have a Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) from an ALA-accredited program or its recognized equivalent.
Candidates must have experience developing and managing media collections.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/48777-media-collections-librarian