At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.5M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Scribd’s Content Operations team is accountable for tracking and diagnosing all products available from our publishing partners so that the maximum amount of content is available to our subscribers. We are looking for a well-organized, self-sustaining, and detail-oriented person who is adept at multitasking and able to solve problems in real-time. This high-energy person will leverage their solid SQL skills to maintain and improve the set of tables we use to perform our work. They will also oversee answering complex data analysis questions and will be adept at data visualizations and representation.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must. Building and maintaining relationships throughout the company with both business and engineering teams will also be a key aspect of the role, in addition to codifying and sharing knowledge. Exposure to client partners is possible but will probably be kept to a minimum.
This is a remote position and is available in the US (any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DE, DC, FL, HI, IA, MO, NJ, NY, OH, OR, TX, WA, MA, VT) or Canada.
Maintain a Hive SQL database that the Content Operations team uses to perform its daily content-management functions.
Review and catalog exceptions in Scribd’s content-ingestion and content-related back-end systems and admin tools related to these systems.
Collaborate with front-end, back-end, and data engineers, as well as multiple business teams.
Perform sophisticated data analysis using Scribd’s data warehouse and a combination of SQL, Spark, Ruby, and other tools.
Stays current with national and international developments related to data analysis in publishing.
4 year degree or equivalent work experience
Relevant Master’s degree a plus
3-5+ years experience developing and managing data from multiple sources for conducting data analysis
Working knowledge of software solutions that manage data (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Databricks)
Demonstrated experience developing data visualizations
Intermediate to advanced SQL
Experience with Ruby on Rails, software QA, Git or another version control platform is a plus
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs which include learning & development opportunities, employee resource groups, and hiring best practices.
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/49116-senior-content-operations-analyst