I hope some of you brilliant folks will consider applying. 😊
We invite you to join the University of Central Florida (UCF) Libraries in the Division of Collection Services and Resource Management (CSRM) which includes Cataloging Services, Acquisitions and Collection Services, and the Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery departments. CSRM provides essential services to the infrastructure of library collections: acquiring, managing, cataloging, and providing access to materials for all UCF Libraries locations. The UCF Libraries recently migrated to the cloud-based Alma Primo VE (Ex Libris) as part of the 40-member statewide consortium FLVC.
We are currently seeking two curious and resourceful full-time, non-tenure track, 12-month technical services librarians to work in monographic cataloging and electronic resources management. The primary work location is the John C. Hitt Library on the UCF main campus in Orlando, Florida. Salary and rank will be determined commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidates will work in some of the following areas: original and complex copy cataloging of regular and special collection monographs; acquisitions of electronic resources and serials in all formats; resolving complex access and discovery issues; managing electronic resources using the Alma-Primo ILS, LibGuides, OpenAthens authentication, and numerous vendor systems; and lead collection maintenance projects such as deaccessioning, serial renewal, or reclassification. Both positions will supervise, train, and evaluate staff members.
The UCF Libraries includes the John C. Hitt Library, the Curriculum Materials Center, and the Special Collections and University Archives on the Orlando main campus; branch libraries on the Rosen College and Downtown campuses; and partnerships with Direct Connect state colleges. The Libraries offer a collection of more than 2.2 million volumes, is a partial depository for government documents and patents, and manages the institutional repository STARS. We are members of the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL), Center for Research Libraries (CRL), Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC), and HathiTrust. Since 2015, the Libraries, in collaboration with faculty and campus partners, has facilitated use of open and library-sourced course materials, in turn potentially saving students over $9 million. The UCF Libraries has 155 full-time staff, including 46 faculty librarians, 59 support and administrative staff, and 50+ student employees dedicated to serving UCF faculty, staff, students, and the greater Orlando community. For more information about the UCF Libraries see http://library.ucf.edu<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flibrary.ucf.edu%2F&data=05%7C01%7Cathena%40ucf.edu%7C165b130a52134d1415ff08db09e8a286%7Cbb932f15ef3842ba91fcf3c59d5dd1f1%7C0%7C0%7C638114666993787052%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=u03Cn9xwp%2Fp%2F%2FbfdUqNOu0h0YbWAA3VY6X7PJ8SdZQI%3D&reserved=0>.
• Master’s degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited institution.
• A minimum of one year of experience in cataloging and/or electronic resources.
• Experience using Ex Libris’ Alma-Primo VE ILS in a consortia environment, especially technical services functions.
• Experience cataloging library materials using MARC21, RDA and/or AACR2, Library of Congress (LC) Subject Headings, LC Classification numbers, and LC name authority headings.
• Experience cataloging rare books, manuscripts, and/or other specialized materials using appropriate standards.
• Knowledge of electronic resources, serials, and/or cataloging standards and tools, such as KBART, OpenAthens, OCLC Connexion, or Open Refine.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment independently and collaboratively.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Proficiency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
• Experience in an academic library with strong user focus.
• Supervisory and/or training experience.
• Record of ongoing professional development and scholarship.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
• Positive contribution to building workplace diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
Questions may be directed to the search chair, Sara Duff, Acquisitions and Collection Assessment Librarian, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Open until filled.
Minimum salary is $60,000.
For more information and to apply: https://ucf.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Assistant-Librarian--Associate-Librarian--or-Librarian--Technical-Services_R103498<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fucf.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com%2Fen-US%2Fcareers%2Fjob%2FAssistant-Librarian--Associate-Librarian--or-Librarian--Technical-Services_R103498&data=05%7C01%7Cathena%40ucf.edu%7C165b130a52134d1415ff08db09e8a286%7Cbb932f15ef3842ba91fcf3c59d5dd1f1%7C0%7C0%7C638114666993787052%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=PdIcNo0ZhvjGTd9yu8xDonXs4Z9r7JWGONBGeN2VpNY%3D&reserved=0>
Athena Hoeppner (she/her/hers)
Discovery Services Librarian | University Librarian
University of Central Florida | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>