FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VuFind 6.1 Released
Villanova, Pennsylvania - February 3, 2020 - Version 6.1 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This major release brings some aspects of the code more up to date while also adding several new features and fixes.
Some key additions and changes:
- A new (optional) "email alerts" feature which allows users to subscribe to searches and receive notifications of new results.
- Optional support for self-service email changes.
- Further improvements to the user interface for managing search filters.
- Configurable record meta tags for improved Google Scholar crawling.
- Support for two new user interface languages: Croatian and Hindi.
- Support for session storage in Redis.
- Optional integration with Unpaywall for full text links.
- Improved compatibility with PHP 7.3 and 7.4.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options, performance enhancements and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.
[log in to unmask]
Falvey Memorial Library
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085