Director of Digital (IT) Experience
Pierce County Library System
Can you harness the power of people and technology to deliver exceptional
library services? Then join a Library engaged in community-driven services to
lead staff in creating the Pierce County Library's technology and digital
infrastructure and services, and in delivering an innovative and exciting
future to residents of the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Pierce County Library,
a 2013 National Medal for Libraries recipient, serves 558,000 residents of 15
cities and unincorporated Pierce County through 18 branches and online
The successful candidate will help shape the technological environment (both
digital and physical) as our technology visionary in this newly created,
executive level position.
Immediate work includes leading creation of a new department that integrates
the work of the technical IT department and public service Virtual Services
into one department. The Library's strategic Technology Plan, created by staff
with input from customers, will guide the vision of this vital department,
which will provide a superior and up-to-date online and technology experience
for customers and staff.
The successful candidate will:
* Have both strong technical IT skills and a commitment and understanding of customer service.
* Have demonstrated skill in project management and supervision.
* Be a strategic thinker and an excellent communicator.
* Have proven ability to lead and implement change, develop and lead staff, build teams, work cross-functionally and participate in a System that continually improves.
* Serve as a member of the Library's Administrative Team.
* Ensure community members have opportunities to learn, explore, read and enrich their lives through technology.
If you are results oriented, committed to collaboration and you believe that
Pierce County Library can be the community's first choice for the discovery
and exchange of information and ideas, your next career move may be with us.
Apply through this site no later than 8:00 a.m. on Monday, February 3, 2014.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11466/