Information Architect - Digital KM Project
LAC is seeking an Information Architect for a 6-month Digital KM Project working with NASA's Knowledge Management Case Study Collection in Greenbelt, MD. Responsibilities will include: Development, testing, installation, and evaluation of open source institutional repository systems such as dSpace, Fedora or ePrints. Other tasks include working with the Electronic Systems Team Lead, the Metadata Librarian, and other staff and collaborating on the development and implementation of test cases and conducts usability testing. In particular they will be involved with the development of interfaces and digital access to the KM Case Study Collection. This position will be required to produce related documentation and user manuals as needed.
* Proficient in one or more current programming and/or scripting languages;
* Demonstrated knowledge of Web design and development;
* Working knowledge of standard metadata formats such as Dublin Core;
* Ability to be self-directed, yet work in a collaborative environment;
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills;
* Demonstrated knowledge of open source IR systems such as dSpace, Fedora, or ePrints.
* Experience with heterogeneous operating systems environment such as
* Windows, Linux, Unix;
* Knowledge of issues regarding storage and preservation of large digital collections;
* Experience working with MySQL, PHP, XML/XSLT, HTML, Perl, Java.
* For immediate consideration please email your cover letter and resume to Patty De Anda at, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
* Please use "Information Architect - Digital KM" as the subject line of your email.
* Library Associates Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that values diversity in the workforce.
Patty De Anda
Library Associates Companies
6500 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
800 987 6794 toll free
323 302 9439 local
323 852 1093 fax
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.