Hello, all. And sorry if you've seen this message three times now . .
. this is the last posting, honest.
The Code4Lib Journal is looking for volunteers to join its editorial
committee. Editorial committee members work collaboratively to
produce the quarterly Code4Lib Journal. Editors are expected to:
* Read, discuss, and vote on incoming proposals.
* Volunteer to be the assigned editor or second reader for specific proposals.
** Assigned editors work with the author(s) to make sure the
article is as strong as possible, that the copy is clean, and
deadlines are met. They also enter the article into WordPress, making
sure the formatting is okay, all images and tables look good, etc.
** Second readers act as a second set of eyes for the assigned editor.
* Read and comment on any other article that interests you.
* Volunteer for administrative tasks and projects as they crop up.
* Take a turn as Coordinating Editor for an Issue. The Coordinating
Editor shepherds the issue through its life cycle.
We seek an individual who is self-motivated, organized and able to
meet deadlines; is familiar with ideas and trends in the field; and
has an interest in the mechanics of writing. There is a sometimes
significant time commitment involved; expect to set aside ten or more
hours a month.
It sounds like a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun (if editing
is your idea of fun).
Intrigued? Please send a letter of interest by Friday, March 5th to
[log in to unmask] Your letter should address these two
1) What is your vision for the Code4Lib Journal? Why are you interested in it?
2) How can you contribute to the Code4Lib Journal, i.e. what do you
have to offer?
We plan to make decisions about additional editors soonish. We met
some prospective editors at the Conference, but if you want more
information drop us a line at
[log in to unmask]
on behalf of the Code4Lib Editorial Committee