University of Pennsylvania
The Penn Libraries Digital Library team is looking for a self-motivated,
detail-oriented applications programmer who will be responsible for the
development, monitoring, and on-going maintenance of web-based software used
to support a variety of library services. Work with project managers and
senior developers to determine functional requirements, maintain and design
interfaces and databases, code, test, debug, and document applications. Ensure
adherence to technical, quality assurance, data integrity, and security
standards. The Libraries are building a team that is passionate about
programming and expect team members to stay abreast of new technologies for
possible use in future applications and services.
All qualified applicants with proven experience with programming web-based
applications, integration and data transformation tools, configuration
management and version control are welcome to apply.
* Work collaboratively with library project teams to manage existing and develop new web based solutions for discovery and information access services, researcher profiling, customer account services, and a range of supporting technologies used to index, transform, display and integrate content.
* Perform analysis and make recommendations to improve stability and feature-sets for the existing portfolio of solutions. Gain familiarity with the Library's technology stack and contribute to development sprints and problem-solving.
* Provide detail-oriented code review and testing. Follow standards for code release and version control.
* Maintain a collaborative, customer-oriented approach to projects; respond to changing requirements with flexibility.
* Communicate effectively across project groups and with managers; Meet project deadlines and milestones and communicate impediments to progress in a timely, effective way.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field
and at least 1-2 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of web application programming and experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, C#, etc.)
* Basic knowledge of relational databases and SQL required
* Ability to creatively solve problems and programming challenges
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely required, including strong interpersonal skills
* Experience with version control systems, such as Git, preferred
* Familiarity with configuration management, continuous integration tools (Jenkins) a plus
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/22372/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/