The Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) Research Library is one of the premier digital libraries in the world, providing state-of-the-art information technology tools to our research community and developing innovative web technologies to further information availability, accessibility, and digital preservation.
The Research Library is seeking an analytical, creative individual interested in scientific research data and digital resources to review & lead implementation of the next generation digital library. The Digital Library Architect (Solutions Architect 3) will be responsible for researching, collaboratively planning and delivering a forward-looking, sustainable infrastructure for the content stewardship and delivery of scientific content by applying community established best practices to cutting-edge technology. The new infrastructure will integrate diverse content repositories of both data and scientific literature to create a cohesive and extensible suite of access, discovery, preservation, curation, security, repository, archival & storage services to underpin LANL's unique collections of scientific and technical information.
* Expert knowledge of standard web programming tools/frameworks, database application development, content and data management, hardware and systems programming technologies and storage management.
* Demonstrated experience and commitment to designing and developing resource-centric applications that adhere to core architectural principles of the Web.
* Demonstrated experience with using mainstream Web 2.0 technologies.
* Ongoing interest in Semantic Web technologies and concepts including RDF and Linked Open Data.
* Experience with standards emerging from the digital library community (e.g., OAI-PMH, ORE, Open URL, PREMIS, and other metadata standards, DOI, etc.).
* Ability to provide project leadership from specification to launch.
* Demonstrated proficiency applying best practices to technical projects, including automated testing and use of software development collaboration tools, build management, and version control software.
* Masters degree in Library/Information Science or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience highly desired.
Must have U.S. citizenship.
For more information or to apply, please see : http://www.hr.lanl.gov/JobListing/SingleJobAd.aspx?JobNumber=221760