Herndon Solutions Group (HSG) is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to
support the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Records Center in San
Francisco, CA. The Records Center is a critical repository of enforcement data
used by EPA personnel to enforce federal environmental laws and regulations
against potentially liable parties. The Assistant Project Manager will support
the project manager with the staffing, management, technical quality,
scheduling and execution of a multi-million dollar, multi-year federal
government contract with the EPA. The contract requires HSG to provide EPA
with a robust set of information management services, including record-
keeping, development of special document collections, document indexing,
document scanning and digitalization, and solution and database development.
* Experience managing long-term, government contracts/projects.
* Excellent client-relationship and management skills.
* Excellent writing and communication skills.
* Excellent teamwork, team-building, and staff management skills.
* Knowledge and experience while consulting with the staff and client to provide guidance regarding electronic discovery best practices and how best to use technology to support their matters including data collection, data processing, and document production
* Ability to:
* Lead a team of professionals in a positive, empowering manner.
* Supervise and coordinate multiple teams and staff disciplines in efficient implementation of scanning, indexing, and records management systems and processes.
* Manage contracts, track performance against contract requirements, and allocate staff and resources efficiently.
* Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, governmental regulations and other related materials.
* Prepare and manage project schedules.
* Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and other stakeholders.
* Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Proactively manage diverse staff to improve productivity, personal development, and communication skills
Desired Skills(not required)
* Working knowledge in library science and/or records management
* Working knowledge in litigation support and case management
* Working knowledge in programming languages including SQL, VB, C#
* Working knowledge with Microsoft Access applications
Duties: Supervisory Duties: Directly supervise up to 15 employees. Carry out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies
and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: team building, interviewing,
hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
The Assistant Project Manager will execute and/or lead the following
* Evaluate and recommend appropriate technology solutions, prepare gap analysis of existing and new technology solutions, and facilitate communication with database and program developers
* Provide support in directing all activities and ensuring they conform to the terms and conditions of the contract and to the EPA Records Management Standards.
* Manage and direct staff to ensure that monthly document processing goals and targets are met.
* Improve customer service throughout the Records Center through initiatives, communication, processes, and staff training
* Train staff on all aspects of data input and document processing.
* Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with staff and clients on a broad range of issues and questions related to Records Center operations.
* Inspect the quality of work performed and provide technical direction to members of the project team.
* Assist with creating monthly progress reports for Project Manager's review and approval.
* Problem-solve and address a myriad of challenges that arise on this fast-moving, challenging contract.
* Interact with the client in a professional, positive manner.
Backup to Project Manager, assisting in the following duties:
* Plan, organize, and control the overall activities of the contract.
* Monitor technical performance against performance standards of contract.
* Be responsible for contract management, configuration management, technical work, quality of work, and scheduling.
* Be responsible for, and resolve issues with, security, confidentiality, COI, health and safety.
* Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
* Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
* Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
* Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule.
* Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
* Prepare project reports for management, client, or others.
* Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
* Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
* Monitor division of work between subcontract companies.
Education Education: B.S./B.A. Degree or equivalent, with 5 years' experience,
OR M.S./M.A. Degree, or equivalent, OR PhD Degree, Law Degree or equivalent,
with 2 years of experience.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6777/