The [BC Libraries Cooperative](http://bc.libraries.coop) is a Canadian, non-
profit community enterprise. We are strategically focused on the delivery of
shared operational infrastructure and resources for our diverse members - over
100 institutions across Canada. Simply put, we strive to improve efficiency,
reduce costs and extend service delivery in libraries.
**What we're looking for:**
We are seeking a Systems Specialist to work as a member of our team. The
Systems Specialist will primarily participate in supporting
[Sitka's](http://bc.libraries.coop/products-services/sitka/) shared instance
of the Evergreen open ILS and related software, hardware and network
solutions. Secondarily, the Systems Specialist may participate on special
teams focussing on issues of integration and access.
**The ideal candidate brings:**
* Direct and extensive experience with Perl
* Knowledge of XML, XPath, and XSLT
* Experience in PostgreSQL (other major RDBMS may be considered)
* Proficiency with Linux and experience in system administration
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer or Information Science or a related field and 3-5 years of increasingly responsible related experience required.
**The following would be considered assets:**
* Experience with Apache
* Knowledge and experience with software development, including version control, documentation, and sound security practices.
* Project management experience will be considered an asset
* Ability to work collaboratively and positively with individuals and groups, both on site and remotely; with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities with grace and good humour.
* Experience with the Evergreen ILS and/or other library system software
* Experience working with public, academic or government library organizations
**What we offer:**
While the Co-op has a Vancouver, BC office, this is a virtual office
opportunity for the right candidate. Most of our team work remotely, using the
Vancouver office for regular or occasional face-to-face meet-ups.
* This is a two year full-time contract with potential for employment status and benefits.
* The opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in a growing community enterprise.
Please send a cover letter outlining your experience and how it directly
relates to the position requirements, as well as your resume (both in pdf
format) to: **office[at]bc.libraries.coop**
* **Deadline: Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 5:00 pm PST**
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6442/