The Teaching & Undergraduate Services Librarian meets the library-oriented learning and research needs of Columbia’s diverse undergraduate student communities. The Librarian works to build a sustained program of excellent library teaching and learning centered on undergraduate curricula, connecting that program with the Libraries’ support for the teaching and learning needs of graduate students and faculty, and collaborating with the University’s Center for Teaching & Learning, the Writing Center, and additional partners. The Librarian helps other library staff members to develop as instructors, engages in ongoing teaching and learning assessment, and keeps up with scholarly and professional trends. The Librarian also collects and maintains library materials for undergraduate populations, including for the Milstein undergraduate collection. As part of the Humanities & Global Studies department, the Librarian is responsible for research consultations, instructional services, and front-line research support in person and online.
– Strategically coordinate and participate in the Libraries’ instruction program
– Serve as a mentor to other instruction librarians
– Promote library services to undergraduate students through creative programming and partnerships
– In collaboration with Assessment and Analytics team, evaluate student learning, librarian teaching, and instruction-program success.
– Develop relationships with campus partners
– Select and evaluate materials for undergraduate collections; manage designated budgets for these collections
– Provide front-line research support in person and online
– Keep up with evolving scholarly and professional trends; contribute to the profession locally and beyond
– MLS or MEd or equivalent Masters in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
– Formal or informal experience teaching and using instructional technologies in an academic setting
– Excellent organizational and communication skills
– A strong public service ethos and commitment to the values of a liberal arts education
– Commitment to the values of diversity and inclusion
Apply online at: http://pa334.peopleadmin.com/postings/3796
As one of the world's leading research universities, Columbia University in the City of New York provides outstanding opportunities to work and grow in a dynamic, multicultural, intellectual community. The Columbia University Libraries comprises a diverse and engaged staff committed to furthering the University's teaching and research mission through innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/35886-teaching-undergraduate-services-librarian