ORCID is looking for a UI Developer to learn from and contribute to an
experienced team committed to collaboration, rapid iteration and continuous
delivery, in a not-for-profit startup environment.
*Who we are*
ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) is an international,
interdisciplinary, open and not-for-profit organization. We are working
with the research community connect research with researchers. Our mission
is to provide a registry of persistent unique researcher identifiers, and
to automate the linkage to other ID schemes and research objects such as
publications, datasets, grants, and patents.
UX Designer/UI Developer responsibilities:
- Produce beautiful and functional designs and mockups.
- Work with the ORCID Technical Lead to develop and improve the ORCID
- Author use-cases, technical/functional requirements, tests, and code.
- Participate actively in iterative development meetings (stand-ups,
kick-offs, retrospectives), and design sessions with project teams and
- Collaborate with team members, consultants, designers, the development
community and users to provide accurate estimations, timelines, and risk
- Contribute back to the open-source community through code and
- Experience w/ producing mockups and wireframes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated, results-driven, with high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and
- 2-10 years development experience, preferably in a startup environment
*Nice to have requirements:*
- Experience w/ AngularJS
- Experience w/ Java Web Frameworks
- Experience w/ UX prototyping tools
- Experience w/ Linux
- Public GitHub profile
- United States citizen or permanent resident
- You’re scrappy (resourceful and self-starting)
- Remote position - work from anywhere!
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Laptop provided
- Knowledgeable and involved Board and community participants
Send a cover letter and resume to work @ orcid.org. In your letter please
include a pirate phrase.