I am considering sending one or two tutorial or workshop proposals to
ECDL 2006, and I would like your opinion.
Tutorials are "intended to present a topic in detail over either a
half-day or full day", and workshops "provide a platform for
presenting novel ideas in an informal and focused way ... encouraging
information sharing and discussion ... rather than presentation of
information." For more detail, see:
Possible titles for tutorials I have come up with include:
* Creating and maintaining digital libraries with MyLibrary
* Exploiting open source tools to create and distribute TEI/XML
* Putting SRU into practice
Some workshop titles include:
* Implementing an institutional repository
* What are the defining characteristics of digital libraries?
* Outlining functions provided by digital library registries
Based on your experience, what makes for successful tutorials and/or
workshops, and of the titles listed above, which ones seem to be most
likely to get accepted?
Eric Lease Morgan