The Digital Library Federation (DLF) is sponsoring a joint meeting of the TEI DLF Task
Force and the TEI in Libraries Special Interest Group (SIG) as part of the Spring 2008 DLF
Forum. Participation in the meeting is open to all members of the Task Force and SIG, but
attendance is capped at 20. As an incentive for participation, non-DLF members are
welcome to attend the entirety of the Spring 2008 forum.
The Spring 2008 DLF Forum (http://www.diglib.org/forums/spring2008/index.htm) will
take place in Minneapolis, Minnesota from Monday, April 28, 2008 through Wednesday,
April 30, 2008. The Joint meeting is scheduled for Monday morning, April 28th (details
forthcoming) and will be chaired by Matthew Gibson and Michelle Dalmau.
The purpose of this meeting is to revisit the "hot topics" discussed during the SIG at the
TEI Members Meeting in College Park, Maryland (October 31-November 3) and provide
the updates necessary as the SIG will take on curatorial work in the areas of "best
practices." Please reference the meeting agenda below for additional information.
If you are interested in participating in the meeting, please contact either Matthew
([log in to unmask]) or Michelle ([log in to unmask]) as soon as possible.
Matthew Gibson, Chair of the TEI DLF Task Force
Michelle Dalmau, Convener of the TEI in Libraries SIG
• Update on the "TEI Text Encoding in Libraries Guidelines for Best Encoding
• Custodianship of the best practices moving forward
• Update on the Mellon-funded TEI Tite survey
• Roundtable updates on local experimentation with TEI Tite
• Libraries presence within the TEI-C web site: Strategies and approaches
• Libraries role in TEI outreach and training opportunities
• Other issues the SIG should develop/promote?