Conference and Room Rate ENDS TODAY!
Ex Libris Northeast User Group (ENUG, formerly EMA) Meeting
October 21 & 22, 2010
The Ex Libris Northeast User Group (ENUG, formerly EMA) promotes the
exchange of ideas and innovation between users of all Ex Libris products
(Aleph, Voyager, SFX, MetaLib, DigiTool, Verde, and Primo) in
Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey,
New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. In addition, we
invite users from any other state or country.
The annual Ex Libris Northeast Users Group (ENUG) Meeting will be held
at William Paterson University's Cheng Library in Wayne, New Jersey on
October 21st from 8am to 22nd till 2pm, 2010.
Information is available on the official conference website at:
The conference registration fee is $50.00 and covers continental
breakfasts on Thursday and Friday, and lunch on Thursday, along with
snacks during meeting breaks.
Presenters are exempt from this fee.
After October 15th the registration fee is $55.00.
Online registration is open until 12:00 midnight Tuesday, October 19th,
after which only on-site registrations will be accepted. Please send a
payment in as early as you can or plan to pay at the conference.
Make your hotel reservation by 10/1/2010 to make sure you get a room.
After that date the room block will be released and your reservation is
subject to rate and availability.
We have arranged for a block of rooms at a conference rate of
$65.00/night. Please ask for LA QUINTA INN & SUITES WAYNE (1850 State
Rt. 23 North, Wayne NJ 07470
Phone: (973) 696-8050) and GROUP #566. Please also state the room type
(2 full-size beds or 1 king), arrival and departure dates as well as
smoking preference. For further information click here
Directions for Driving are available at
Public Transportation is available via NJ Transit - www.njtransit.com.
There is a NJ Transit bus from Manhattan's Port Authority Bus Terminal
direct to the Campus (1 hour trip). Its schedule is available at
If you are driving to Wayne, NJ and are willing to take passengers,
please provide some details for carpooling on the registration form.
The program includes:
Ex Libris & ELUNA Presentations
* ELUNA/IGeLU Updates
* Ex Libris Update and Overview of product plans
* Best practices with EDI (Aleph) - KJ Collins, Stony Brook
* Customization of Tomcat WebVoyage (Voyager)- Yongming Wang,
The College of New Jersey
* Authority control (General)- Jennifer Palmisano, Center for
* Cataloging (General)- Deb Pluss, William Paterson University
* URM and Princeton: A Partner's Perspective - Trevor Dawes,
Janet Lute, Princeton University
Breakout Sessions 1
* Acquisitions Automation: import without data going bump in the
night(Aleph) - Kevin J Collins, Stony Brook University
* Voyager Extracts and Batch Editing for Catalogers (Voyager)-
Mark Sandford, William Paterson University
* Data Warehousing and Mining Data from Library and University
Systems for Assessment of Library Operations (General) - Ray Schwartz,
William Paterson University
Breakout Sessions 2
* E-Books Management: Focus Group Update and Discussion
(General)- Karin Wikoff, Ithaca College
* Techniques for Voyager Disaster Recovery and Business
Continuity (Voyager)- Christopher Manly, Cornell University
* Aleph Product Working Group Update (Aleph) - Christine Moulen,
* Integrating Umlaut and Xerxes with Primo via PDS (Primo)- Scot
Breakout Sessions 3
* Managing a Bibliographic Reconciliation between our Voyager
ILS and OCLC's Worldcat (Voyager)- Melissa A. Wisner, Yale University
* Mobile Library Websites (General)- Yongming Wang, The College
of New Jersey
* Aleph data back and forth with other campus systems (Aleph) -
Christine Moulen, MIT
Breakout Sessions 4
* Web OPAC 2.0: Discovering a Better Search Tool (General)-
Kevin J Collins, Darren Chase, Stony Brook University
* Voyager Server Security and Monitoring (Voyager)- James
DeRose, William Paterson University
* Metadata Cross-walking/Transforming and Federated Searching in
Ex Libris Products (General) - Anthony Dellureficio, New School
Your attendance and participation is very much appreciated!
ENUG Planning Committee