*** Please excuse any cross posting ***
Position: Technology Services Systems Analyst/Admin, Senior.
LYRASIS, the nation's largest library membership organization, invites candidates to apply for the position of Technology Services Systems Analyst/Admin., Senior. This position is responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining library systems in support of the LYRASIS Technology Services hosting service.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Manager of Lyrasis Technology Services
* Designs, develops, tests and documents hosted Commercial and Open Source products including, but not limited to, Evergreen, D Space, and Drupal.
* Provides technical leadership for proper version control on hosted software systems, system architecture design, version testing (where needed), deployment of tested code, and the establishment and documentation of system architecture standards and best practices.
* Works with project managers, and client stakeholders to understand and refine project functional requirements.
* Creates tools and infrastructure for configuration management, moving software from development to production.
* Creates and maintains software to build, package, and deploy applications to development, test, and production environments.
* Works with application developers to devise robust deployment, operating, monitoring, reporting, and control solutions for their apps.
* Evaluates and implements internal and third party tools for appropriateness, ease-of-use, scalability, robustness.
* Troubleshoots applications and deployment systems in development, test, and production environments.
* Coordinates with operations team to create strategies and detailed plans for deployment sequencing, timing.
* Configures virtual machine and environments.
* Writes documentation; creates and delivers training.
* Advanced experience with some or all of the following:
* Scripting (shell, Perl, Python esp. valuable)
* Build & Release Automation (Autoconf, Pkgsrc, RPM, CFEngine, Chef)
* Programming (Java, PHP)
* Database (MySQL preferred)
* Source/Version control systems (Subversion, Git)
* Issue tracking systems
* Virtualization platform
* Minimum of 7 years Linux system administration, Software engineering, Release engineering, or Configuration management
* Ability to troubleshoot application, database, network, and OS related issues; ability to analyze stack trace, heap dump; profiler knowledge a plus.
* Understanding of the software development life cycle
* Understanding of incident, problem, change, and release management practices
* Experience administering large distributed platform
* Experience administering Java applications
* Knowledge/experience with Windows platform
* Excellent understanding of Web Architecture
* Solid understanding of Load Balancing appliances in a Web Environment
* Proven ability to interact with technical project leads, developers, quality assurance, and business team
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to plan, organize and estimate
* Experience with Agile development
Highly desirable qualifications for this position include:
Significant experience with Evergreen, D Space or Drupal in a library or higher education environment.
Strong technical skills, the ability and desire to stay abreast of new leading edge technology, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Demonstrated understanding of current trends and issues in user services in a rapidly changing electronic environment and knowledge of technology developments in Libraries or Higher Education.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
LYRASIS' attractive benefits package encourages a harmonious work/life
balance including flextime, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
coverage plans, a company-matched 403B savings plan, annual and sick leave,
tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, as well as flexible work hours
in a virtual work environment.
Created in April, 2009 by the merger of PALINET and SOLINET and joined
shortly thereafter by NELINET, LYRASIS is the nation's largest regional
membership organization serving libraries and information professionals. Serving
more than 6,000 institutions, the diverse LYRASIS membership is located
primarily in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, New England , and West regions,
LYRASIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants may submit resumes to Paquita V. Morris, Director of Human Resources at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or via fax at 404.892.7879.
LYRASIS reserves the right to alter the position overview, with or without notice to the employee. This position overview is not a contract of employment and does not alter the employment relationship. Finally, every position overview is subject to modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
office: 800-999-8558 x2956