LAC Group is seeking Content Archivists and Content Technicians for several short-term projects. The duration of the projects, which will take place in several cities throughout the United States vary in length from a few weeks to several months. Archivists, Librarians, Technicians and other information specialists with strong backgrounds in electronic content are strongly encouraged to apply. The work must be done on-site in each locale.
* Consolidate existing content-inventory records (whether electronic or paper)
* Work with client to locate, identify materials and coordinate scheduling.
* Gather, update, export, and upload existing inventory records to the Content Inventory Project (CIP) web-based database
* Create electronic records for content that has not been inventoried yet using the CIP inventory form
* Work with project manager to migrate existing records to CIP (likely using XML and other relevant tools)
* Write 1-page summary with photos assessing the collection and estimating time needed to complete the inventory
* Write 2 reports detailing steps taken and recommendations for the local station(s) to follow in order to participate in this project
* Complete each organization's electronic inventory at the item level of public-content media archives (tools may include FilemakerPro, Excel, web-based forms, etc.)
* Deliver completed inventory to host organization
* Must have experience or ability to work in a production/quota-based environment
* Must have knowledge of XML, metadata used in video and audio files, various file formats, broadcast and production standards for A/V files
* Must have experience in public radio/TV production, A/V file formats, moving-image archives, audio archives, and/or PBCore metadata standards
* Must be able to use Excel, FilemakerPro, and other technological tools in order to complete the inventory
* Must be able to work efficiently and independently
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with local station CIP project managers
* No compensation for travel or relocation expenses will be provided
* Local candidates only. Must have reliable transportation
Work Hours: Work will be performed within regular business hours (between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm Mon - Fri local time). Content Archivists will have supervisory responsibilities for the Technicians at each location
Locations: Seeking Archivists/Librarians who meet the above qualifications in the following areas:
* Albuquerque, NM
* Columbia, SC
* Conway, AR
* Dallas, TX
* Duluth, MN
* Fort Meyers, FL
* Miami, FL
* St. Paul, MN
TO APPLY: In order to be considered please visit: http://bit.ly/ContentArchivistsandTechnicians.
Please indicate which location you are applying for in your cover letter. Only local candidates will be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and must be received by 5:00 PM Pacific on Thursday, March 24th.
To view all of our currently open positions please visit: http://lac-group.com/lac-group/careers/
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
LAC Group, 6500 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2240, Los Angeles, CA 90048
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=1235317> | LAC on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAC-Group/136401033040717?v=app_4949752878&ref=ts#!/pages/LAC-Group/136401033040717?v=wall&ref=ts> | LAC on Twitter<http://twitter.com/libassociates> | LAC Group Newsletter Sign-up<http://lac-group.com/lac-group/newsletter/>
The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender.