**Web Developer for Appalachian State University Library**
Working with Library faculty and staff, provide high level programming
expertise to analyze, design, develop, test, and implement complex web and
software applications for use by the Appalachian State University users and
* Leads the programming and modification of complex Web-based applications, databases and programs through the entire development lifecycle including testing and implementation.
* Maintains, creates, and revises content and code including web pages, database driven sites, and administrative interfaces, and performs development work relating to content management systems.
* Works collaboratively with the Library's Technology Services web team.
* Researches and develops emerging technologies that support Library initiatives.
* Applies and promotes industry standards for application development.
* Documents code and workflow, and manages development within a versioning system
The analyst band requires a foundation of knowledge and skills in area of
specialization generally obtained from graduating from a four-year college or
university with nine semester hours in programming and at least two years of
experience in business application consulting or development. Experience in
the field of work related to the position's role may be substituted on a year-
* Proven track record of success in object oriented programming and relational database design.
* Demonstrated experience as a technical project lead.
* Ability to work well in a team environment with professionals from other disciplines. Must also work well independently with little supervision.
* Experience with versioning software such as Git.
* Experience with Drupal.
* Experience in mobile development/responsive design.
* Ability to quickly solve technical problems, learn new technologies, and work on multiple projects at once.
* Excellent verball and written communication.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/769/