**Wolfsonian - ****Florida International University**
**Visual Resources Photographer**
Position Number: 504010
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged
university. Its colleges and schools offer more than 180 bachelor's, master's
and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations,
architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida's anchor institutions,
FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement, finding solutions to
the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major
component of its mission and enrolls 46,000 students in two campus and three
centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell and the Miami Beach Urban Studios.
More than 140,000 alumni live and work in South Florida. For more information
about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu
The Wolfsonian-FIU, a museum and research center located in the heart of
historic south Miami Beach currently has an available position for a Visual
Resources Photographer, responsible for high-quality digital photography of
two and three-dimensional collection materials using advanced studio lighting,
image processing, and color calibration techniques. This position also serves
as a high-level resource to Wolfsonian staff regarding digital photographic
**Hours of work: **Monday -Friday - 8:30 am - 5pm Flexibility required for attendance at Museum events - evenings and weekends.
**Duties include but are not limited to: **
* Serves as a high-level source of information to appropriate Wolfsonian staff regarding digital photographic and related computer hardware/software techniques.
* Consults with staff including curators, registrars, designers, educators, and information resources to gather information about projects and develop an understanding of the technical and artistic objectives of a project.
* Completes photographic assignments of 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional works using aforementioned professional digital capture systems in order to produce high quality digital images.
* Works closely with other photographers both on-staff and contract to assure consistent, high-quality results and seamless adherence to established workflows.
* Evaluates the technical requirements of complex projects. Resolves problems that are not necessarily governed by established procedures.
* Plans the composition of photographs; select the appropriate technical approach, equipment, and accessories to achieve the desired results as defined by the project manager.
**Minimum qualifications: **
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's
degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate
**Preferred Qualifications/Experience: **
* **Preferred**: BA in Photography; demonstrated experience in Art, Art History, Humanities, or special collections; three or more years of experience as a photographer in a gallery or library.
* Six years related work experience in the same job family and experience, a Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Experience in large format studio photography using DSLR and Digital Camera Backs.
* Must be familiar with digital capture of two-dimensional work using a copy stand as well as three-dimensional work under studio lighting conditions.
* Thorough knowledge of color theory as it relates to digital capture and printing.
* Demonstrated ability to color calibrate monitors and create custom profiles.
* Ability to work accurately in a detail-oriented and production environment.
* Experience handling photographic materials.
* Demonstrated ability to discriminate fine tonal variations and color fidelity of the digital reproductions in order to match digital surrogates to the originals.
* Knowledge of Mac OS X Operating System
* Knowledge of advanced digital photography equipment and procedures
* Knowledge of intellectual property matters, patenting, copyright and licensing issues
* Effective time management skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
**Annual Salary: **$40,000.00 - $50,000.00
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at
and reference position number 504010
**FIU is an EE/EO/EA Employer & Institution**
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/810/