- Design, develop, and implement new systems and applications which integrate with existing and purchased products to create additional functionality and to meet customer needs.
- Contribute to the design and development of new systems which operate with or enrich other library systems.
- Suggest and implement new services that are beneficial to library patrons.
- Manage project development cycle.
- Ensure the timely completion of programming.
- Communicate with all stakeholders regarding commitments and requirements of all participants and users
SUPERVISE STUDENT EMPLOYEE(S)
- Hire student employees who meet the minimum skill requirements.
- Train student employees on the technology unique to the integrated library system.
- Provide assignments and track student employee progress
- Keep up with new developments and technologies in digital preservation, library science, digital libraries, and integrated library systems.
- Attend appropriate training or professional association conferences.
- In the absence of other programmers, provide back-up support for other products
- Provide training to other programmers in the department
Required: Bachelor's degree--preferably in Computer Science or related field
Desired: Master's degree in related field
3-5 years experience programming in Java, PHP, Perl, C#, or C(C++) required
One year programming database applications required
Skills, abilities or knowledge needed:
- Familiarity with XSLT
- Experience developing using Linux or a similar operating system
- Experience administering or programming for Ex Libris systems and experience with Oracle is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical issues clearly with non-technical employees
- Ability to manage projects which cross organizational lines and to direct team members who do not report to the incumbent
- Ability to supervise student employees and ensure high quality outcomes
- Ability to teach students software development, project management skills, and development standards
To apply please visithttp://yjobs.byu.edu/applicants/Centra
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4491/