[The Alberta Library (TAL)](http://www.thealbertalibrary.ab.ca/) invites
applications for the position of** IT Coordinator.**
Reporting to the CEO, the IT Coordinator is responsible for on-going
maintenance and administration of hardware, software and infrastructure
elements of The Alberta Library's networks.
The IT Coordinator will also assist with the development, maintenance and
ongoing support of applications providing a range of quality services to our
members. A member of the IT Team, the IT Coordinator takes the lead in areas
of primary responsibility and oversees the work of other team members (all IT
Team members report to the CEO).
* a) Minimum 2 year diploma or degree in information technology or computer science
* b) Industry certification(s) such as CompTIA A+, Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA
* c) At least 2 years relevant work experience, including
* i) Supporting enterprise environments, including Active Directory Domains and *nix-based services
* ii) System configuration and maintenance
* iii) TCP/IP networking and associated services (e.g., DHCP, DNS, VPN)
* d) Ability and willingness to learn scripting languages as needed (in particular for server management)
* e) Alberta Operator's License
Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
The successful candidate will have a strong customer service focus,
demonstrating superior communication and interpersonal skills. He or she will
have the ability to work independently, and handle competing demands and
changing priorities in a complex environment.
The salary range is $64,063-$80,975.
The Alberta Library is an internationally-recognized, member-driven consortium
of over 300 public, academic and special libraries. With the support of our
government partners, the province's library community is working together to
create one of the most dynamic library systems in North America.
To apply, please submit your resume, with references, to
[[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask]) by 3:00
pm December 10, 2012. A complete position description is available at
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4591/