Apologies for the cross postings . . . . .
LAC Group is seeking a Library Technician for a full-time position located in Denver, CO. This individual, under the supervision of the Project Manager, performs various day-to-day cataloging support services related to the large-scale cataloging and digitization initiative at the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
* This list consists of primary duties and is not intended to be all-inclusive; other related tasks may be performed as needed.
* Provides support services for digital initiatives.
* Provides routine copy cataloging of print and electronic resources.
* Assists in using bibliographic tools, such as Library of Congress classification and Subject Headings.
* Performs routine inquiries and refers persons requiring professional assistance to the librarian.
* Assists Project Manager in verifying bibliographic information on all items to be digitized.
* Assists with preparing materials for imaging and packing materials for shipment to offsite scanning vendor for same.
* Assists in maintaining and monitoring an inventory of outgoing and incoming materials from scanning vendor to ensure that all original materials have been returned. This may include tracking materials in the ILS.
* Assists with inspection of digitized materials for quality assurance
* Will perform routine clerical functions such as copying, scanning and indexing as required.
* Will provide feedback to the Project Manager regarding the client website update with regards to digitization component.
* Will review and add basic metadata as needed to digital objects.
* Maintains statistics and reports on activities as needed.
* Other duties as required.
* This position reports directly to the onsite LAC Project Manager
* All client communications need to be run through the LAC Project Manager, who reports to the Corporate Oversight Project Manager and the Corporate Oversight Manager.
* Associates Degree from a recognized college or technical institute with 16 credits in library science or computer science.
* Demonstrated experience providing library support services.
* Knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures.
* Knowledge of sources of reference and bibliographic material.
* Demonstrated experience cataloging print and electronic resources.
* Experience using an Integrated Library System (ILS)
* Knowledge and experience with a full level OCLC-MARC format, AACR2R, and Library of Congress (LC) Classification and Subject Headings.
* Ability to use and explain library facilities, including catalogs and other reference aids.
* Ability to communicate ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
* Ability to establish effective working relationships with all members of the project team.
* Excellent customer service skills.
Apply at http://goo.gl/ZZ1HU
To see all our opportunities, please visit www.lac-group.com<http://www.lac-group.com>
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.