You might have seen this come through here overnight:
That's us, we're hiring at GW Libraries. You may wonder: what makes this position different from others like it? Wonder no longer...
Five reasons to work at GW Libraries as a software developer
1. Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) with an annual opportunity for merit increases, and a benefits package including a tuition discount for employees and their family members. We encourage use of the tuition discount and offer scheduling flexibility. I'm finishing my second full class now and am registered for a third class next term.
2. Foggy Bottom in DC offers all the perks of a bustling downtown location - great restaurants, cultural venues, landmarks, and an international vibe. I run into the Obamas all the time. Well, I bike past their house regularly... and sometimes am delayed by motorcades. Still.
3. Formal approval from university administration to release software with a free software license. Almost everything we do is on github:
4. This position is a member of our Library Council (an HR designation akin to a tenure-like system). As such you would be eligible for additional benefits such as a paid sabbatical.
5. We need you and are ready for you. Our team is growing, taking on more work, and still establishing best practices, so it's a great time to join us as an experienced developer.
Thanks for reading. Please consider applying!
(go here to apply)
p.s. we have several other jobs open now; seven total, to be precise: