Reporting to the Systems Manager, the web developer will design, implement,
and maintain the electronic services managed by Touro College Libraries
Technical and Electronic Services (T We are a quiet
office of nine professionals and clerical staff providing expert cataloging
and technical support to Touro libraries worldwide. Most of
the work is done independently, but collaboration at key points during
projects is critical. As a non-librarian, the web developer
will have a particular need to maintain close consultation with colleagues and
other staff to ensure adherence to the unique expectations of the academic
1. Participate in maintaining of the Libraries' website, including development
and maintenance of public areas, as well as intranet services to optimize
workflow and staff communication within the Libraries.
2. Develop and participate in maintaining an Electronic Resource Management
System (complex database-driven web application integrated with EZproxy
servers for management and administration of licensed e-content.
3. Participate and develop in library web development projects as needed.
4. Maintain the web-based front end ("catalog") of the Libraries' Innovative
Interfaces Integrated Library System.
5. Ensure ongoing access to licensed e-content services. Perform regular
updates to the Libraries' Serials Solutions e-content discovery system.
**Education and Experience:**
BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience
1. Excellent interpersonal skills;
2. Oral and written communication skills;
3. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
1. Demonstrated design of database-driven websites which successfully meet the
needs of clients or users.
2. Thorough knowledge and application of current (X)HTML and CSS standards and
accepted web design practices. Knowledge of XML standards
3. Proven ability to develop database-driven websites (i.e. WAMP/LAMP), taking
into account appropriate security considerations.
4. Ability to acquire a working knowledge of new languages and frameworks
quickly and independently.
5. Experience with CMS (Drupal), including management of contributed modules
6. Working knowledge of Linux preferred.
Salary ranges from $39k-$43k. Application Procedure: Please
send a cover letter and your resume to: [log in to unmask] The subject line
of your email should read: "Entry-Level Web Developer".
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5318/