Northwestern University is searching for someone who is looking for an
exciting opportunity to work with the design, maintenance, and support of
large-scale library server systems at a major university.
This is a 3-year position (with the possibility of renewal)
that focuses on our Linux/Unix ExLibris and non-ExLibris
"enterprise" servers. Northwestern
University is a private research university with campuses in Evanston and
Chicago in Illinois, United States. See the condensed
version of the Job Posting below and if interested, please follow the
instruction below to visit and review the official job posting and to apply
for the position.
Position: System Administrator Sr.
Position ID Number: 20505
== SysAdmin Sr. Job Description == .
This is a condensed version (see official Job Posting for full version)==.
== Job Summary:
The Systems Administrator Senior serves as the University Library's lead
computer systems administrator under the direct supervision of the Head of
Enterprise Systems. Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance
and support of software, systems and related networking infrastructure on
physical and virtual servers in the Library, NU Data Centers and in hosted
environments; ensuring they adhere to standards, policies and procedures
establish by the organization and vendors. This position acts as team leader
on certain projects and functions as technical resource to other developers,
system administrators and technical staff in the library and university. This
is a 3-year position (with the possibility of renewal).
== Specific Responsibilities:
* Installs, rebuilds or migrates existing servers and configure hardware and virtual machines (VM), applications, peripherals, services, networking, storage, creates and maintains user accounts, security, permissions, and file systems in accordance with standards and operational requirements;
* Performs ongoing support and maintenance for library systems and related applications, including, but not limited to hardware/VM upgrades, networking, CPU, memory, and storage systems, performance tuning, monitoring, alerting and backing-up systems;
* Prioritizes, troubleshoots and resolves issues using Library and University ticketing systems;
* Coordinates and communicates ongoing technology needs with NU Information Technology (NUIT) and other technology units on campus;
* Monitors security alerts and working with other staff to ensure that appropriate patches are applied in an automated and timely fashion;
* Applies new operating software releases and patches as necessary;
* Works with staff, vendors and other collaborators provides hardware, software and networking solutions and technical specifications;
== Minimum Qualifications:
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired;
* Four to Five years of related professional experience;
* Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems and networking standards, command line BSD/GNU tools, and scripting languages; maintaining web applications such as Apache, and basic database (MySQL or Oracle) administration.
* Demonstrated experience in managing physical and virtual server environments, Unix/Linux, related software, and basic system administration utilities, and networking standards.
== Preferred Qualifications:
* Applicable certifications, such as LPIC 2/3, RHCT, RHCSA, RHCE, BSDA, OCA, MCTS.
See the entire Job Postingand apply at:
Then do an Advance Search forJob Opening ID 20505.
* please forward this to anyone who you know that might be interested.
Northwestern University Libraries
[[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask])
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5731/