**Web and User Interface Librarian / Wayne State University
The Web and User Interface Librarian works in the Discovery Services Team
under the supervision of the Associate Director for Discovery
Services. This individual will collaborate with a wide
range of library units to develop the next generation of fully integrated and
engaging online library experiences.
Essential Job Functions:
• Create effective user interfaces for a wide range of library systems.
• Develop page, template and element designs in line with WSU Library System
and University branding.
• Assist in the planning, deployment, and management of a new employee
intranet portal and document management system.
• Assist in the management and continued development of library system
LibGuides, and provide technical support for content creation.
• Provide design guidance to the Discovery Services and Digital Publishing
Teams for a wide range of web properties.
• Integrate new content for the library website and related systems.
• Create graphics, images, photographs, videos and other media to support
• Promote interface integration among library systems, such as the library
discovery layers, interlibrary loan, websites, digital collection systems, and
with campus-wide systems.
• Work with a wide range of stakeholders to iteratively test and develop user
interfaces with key user groups.
• Participate in library teams and special projects related to library
discovery, digital publishing, and user experience testing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA- accredited
• Demonstrated design experience in a variety of digital formats, such as web
pages, discovery systems, and mobile interfaces.
• Knowledge and experience with mobile web development, notably responsive web
• Undergraduate degree concentration or equivalent experience that
demonstrates abilities in web development and mobile web development.
• Minimum one year of experience and/or formal training in Web/multimedia
• Experience with UNIX/Linux/OSX operating systems and the LAMP environment.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of passive usability tools, such as log analysis and website
• Experience working with content management systems, such as Drupal,
• Experience working with and theming digital content platforms, such as
Omeka, DLXS, etc.
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5328/